Terms & Conditions
International Literature Festival Dublin is governed by the following terms & conditions, by attending the festival online or in person you are agreeing to be bound by them and to comply by applicable laws and regulations.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all graphics, logos and commercial markings are registered trademarks. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify any Trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to or distribution of materials in the Festival, without prior written consent.
- Once booked, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Management reserves the right to cancel any performance without prior notice. In this event, tickets may be exchanged or refunded to the face value only from the original point of sale
- In the event that ILFDublin postpones an event, any payment the customer has made as at the date of postponement will be credited towards the rescheduled date. If the customer is unable to attend the rescheduled event, or if ILFDublin cancels the event indefinitely, the customer shall be entitled to receive 100% refund of all sums paid to ILFDublin. In the event of cancellation, ILFDublin will endeavour to inform all delegates a week before the event is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All event fees paid will be reimbursed in full. ILFDublin shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred. It is recommended that you seek adequate insurance for such eventualities.
- Due to the nature and location of certain venues, levels of accessibility vary greatly. Please contact the Box Office in advance to confirm specific venue details. Please see individual show pages for guidelines.
For In-Person Events Only
Your safety, and the safety of authors and artists, venue teams and festival staff is our first priority. We are constantly monitoring and updating our policies in line with government guidelines and in conjunction with our partner venues.
- To reduce the risk of infection, tickets will be refunded up to 24 hours in advance if a patron feels unwell or is experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 as described on the HSE website. Please inform us at the earliest possible time to allow us to try to resell your ticket.
- To minimise the risk of spreading Covid-19, International Literature Festival Dublin will not be issuing our standard paper ticket. Your booking confirmation will be followed by an email with PDF ticket(s) attached. E-ticket(s) can be displayed on your smartphone or pre-printed at home.
- Before attending an event, you will be sent a pre-event email with event and venue specific information. Please read this carefully to ensure you know what to expect when you attend and follow the guidance you are given.
- In the event of the cancellation of an event, you will be notified at the earliest possible opportunity and offered a full refund.
- Please ensure your contact number and email address are correctly entered and up to date at time of booking. They will be used to facilitate contact tracing by the relevant authorities in the event of a confirmed case.
- Please arrive at the time stated in your email booking confirmation, latecomers cannot always be admitted and refunds will not be given.
- Recording equipment of any kind is not permitted, please switch off mobile phones on entry into any of our venues.
- The Management accepts no responsibility for possessions lost or stolen on any premises in use by the festival.
For Online Events
In terms of Covid-19, we are following government advice. We have moved our events online for ILFDublin 2021 and will continue to review for any future events in line with government guidance. If you have any questions about a specific event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is intended for an archive of ILFDublin’s events to be made available through Crowdcast website and remain accessible for a period of time, however it may be necessary or deemed appropriate for certain events to be de-listed, for which ILFDunlin reserves the right to do so.
- You acknowledge and agree that ILFDublin reserves the right to remove you from the online event if ILFDublin, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the enjoyment of the online event content by other attendees.
- Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at ILFDublin online events.
- Once you have purchased a ticket you will receive a confirmation email which includes a link to the online event. Please ensure that your valid email address is entered correctly as it is necessary to access the online event.
The ILFDublin will occasionally offer giveaways as part of competitions run by promoters. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by both the following ILFDublin and conditions and any additional requirements as set out by the specific competition promoter:
- Opening and closing dates will be announced in the post published to promote the competition. Entries submitted after this final closing date will not be included.
- Prize(s) will be described on the post published to promote the competition and is non-transferable. There is no cash or other prize alternative. In the event of cancellations, there will not be a refund of the prize value.
- Except for the items offered in the prize package all expenses are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- Winners will be chosen at random from the draw from those who have correctly submitted their entry.
- The winner will be contacted using the details provided. If a winner cannot be contacted within three (3) working days, ILFDublin reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Neither the Festival nor the promoter and its associated agencies & companies shall be liable in any way (including, without limitation, negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion except any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
Neither the Festival nor the promoter is liable for any tax implications that may arise as a result of winning.
International Literature Festival Dublin reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice.