Festival Volunteer Manager
Location: Remote working & at Festival Site
Contract: Seasonal & Temporary
International Literature Festival Dublin (formerly Dublin Writers Festival, established in 1998) is Ireland’s premier literature festival which runs annually in May. The festival is a Dublin City Council initiative which receives funding from The Arts Council Ireland.
In 2020 and 2021, due to the impacts of the pandemic, ILFDublin presented a digital programme of events.
For 2022, the festival plans to return to its normal late spring dates and will run from 19 – 29 May 2022 celebrating its 25th anniversary. ILFDublin is considered Ireland’s foremost literary event, featuring writers from Ireland and all over the world in readings, discussions, public interviews and debates. The festival has welcomed luminaries such as Ai Weiwei, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Jeannette Winterson, Mario Vargas Llosa, Michael Palin, Richard Dawkins, Naomi Klein, Neil Gaiman, Rebecca Solnit and the late Seamus Heaney amongst many more. (Visit ilfdublin.com for archived programming details.) ILFDublin also hosts inspiring talks and discussions all-year-round through its Off The Page series, previously featuring Kazuo Ishiguro, Jonathan Franzen, Michael Lewis, Elizabeth Gilbert, Caitlin Moran and Emma Donoghue.
We are seeking a Volunteers Coordinator to run the volunteer programme. This candidate should be enthusiastic, confident and efficient when dealing directly with people. The Volunteers Coordinator will report to the Festival Producer of International Literature Festival Dublin which runs from the 19 – 29 of May 2022.
These duties include but are not limited to:
- Processing volunteer application forms
- Organising and addressing volunteers at the volunteer introduction evenings
- Responsibility for creating schedules and assigning tasks and positions to volunteers in accordance with their availability and task preferences
- Relaying schedules and updates to volunteers
- Monitoring of volunteers to ensure scheduling is maintained
- Point of contact for volunteers including availability on the volunteer mobile phone
- Liaison between Festival staff, venue staff and volunteers
- Relaying information to volunteers about the Festival
- Ensuring that volunteers are fully briefed as to Festival expectations of volunteers
- Ensuring adherence to current Covid-19 guidelines
- Enthusiasm and interest in meeting new people
- Organised, structured and systematic in work
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time and stress management
- Aptitude for working quickly and efficiently
- Flexibility regarding work schedule
- Previous festival experience
Applicants are invited to submit:
- A CV outlining relevant experience
- A covering letter indicating expression of interest and relevant experience with regards to the role
Application documents should be emailed to Boxroom Productions*, Creative Producer, Aimée van Wylick by email email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday 1st March 2022.
Terms and conditions of employment:
This is a fixed paid contract running from 14th March to 29th May, 2022. Payment will be a fixed fee, payable at the end of the contract.
*Boxroom Productions is the appointed event management company producing ILFD2022.