Job title: Volunteer Coordinator
Job location: No fixed location
Reporting to: Festival Producer
We are seeking a Volunteers Coordinator to run the volunteer programme. This candidate should be enthusiastic, confident and efficient when dealing directly with people. The Volunteers Coordinator will report to the to the Festival Producer of International Literature Festival Dublin, which runs from the 19 - 27 of May 2018.
These duties include but are not limited to:
● Processing volunteer application forms
● Organising and addressing volunteers at the volunteer introduction evenings
● Responsibility for creating schedules and assigning tasks and positions to volunteers in
accordance with their availability and task preferences
● Relaying schedules and updates to volunteers
● Monitoring of volunteers to ensure scheduling is maintained
● Point of contact for volunteers including availability on the volunteer mobile phone
● Liaison between Festival staff, venue staff and volunteers
● Relaying information to volunteers about the Festival
● Ensuring that volunteers are fully briefed as to Festival expectations of volunteers
● Enthusiasm and interest in meeting new people
● Organised, structured and systematic in work
● Ability to take initiative and work independently
● Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
● Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time and stress management
● Aptitude for working quickly and efficiently
● Flexibility regarding work schedule
● Previous festival experience
Applicants are invited to submit:
1) A CV outlining relevant experience
2) A covering letter indicating expression of interest and relevant experience with regards to the role.
Application documents should be emailed to Boxroom Productions*, Creative Producer, Aimée van Wylick by email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 2nd of April 2018 .
Terms and conditions of employment:
This is a fixed contract running from 09 April to 28 May 2018 to arranging volunteers for some post festival events in June/July. Payment will be a fixed fee, payable at the end of the contract.
*Boxroom Productions is the appointed event management company producing ILFD2018.